Are you aware of the dangers of dental amalgam?

An amalgam is an alloy of mercury with another metal or metals. One of the most familiar amalgams is dental amalgam, the so-called "silver fillings" in your mouth.

Many people don’t know about the danger of dental amalgam and that is a problem because dental amalgams contain mercury and are the primary source of mercury exposure.

A single dental amalgam filling releases as much as 15 micrograms of mercury per day. If you have eight amalgam fillings and they could release up to 120 micrograms of mercury per day. Every little bit adds up. Unless removed, mercury from amalgam can penetrate into your body and accumulate.

However, please make sure to use a dentist who is properly trained in removing mercury fillings. Improper removal methods could expose you to tremendous health risks, due to the large amounts of mercury vapor released during the removal process.